Countries for soft-launching a mobile messaging app
Bolt by Instagram has chosen New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa to soft launch. Source: The Verge
Why soft-launching a mobile app?
- check that your data analytics stack is set and working properly!
- does your monetization and UA funnel work?
- use extra time to fix bugs!
- gather initial user feedback (reviews and ratings) for further improvement of your app!
Iterate, improve, promote - you know the drill…
The new app analytics by Apple are quite something. #iOS8
Get the full presentation at WWDC here
The essentials of the “App Bundle” within the new iTunes Connect. #iOS8
Watch all the other news about iTunes Connect coming with iOS8 here
The KPIs you will be able to track with the new iTunes App Analytics. #iOS8
Courtesy of Apple, watch the video here
Google Play & mobile app POS promotion | by @serkantoto: Just bought a 151 yen Pepsi with a 100 Yen credit voucher for Google Play. Game promoted: Puzzle & Dragons. http://www.serkantoto.com/
On ASO tools: feature, no business. Part of bigger mobile analytics solution. Combined w/ in-app & attribution.
ASO tools have little value to mobile devs (compared to other UA analytics), but work great as a sales pitch for bigger suites. Agree?
The new design for app detail pages within the upcoming update for the Google Play store. Picture on top is the current view, below is the pre-release design.
More pictures and infos on the new Google Play store: Android Police
An excellent post by Henri Liriani on the topic every mobile developer has issues with: reviews & ratings.
- Surface review interactions to the dialog, don’t make me leave the app.
- Don’t require a password to leave a review, I own the app already don’t I?
- Remove message text in review prompts. They’re the same in every app.
- Merge the title + review fields.
- Lose the useless “Later” button and limit prompts to once per version.
- If possible, prompt for a review after a reasonable amount of time (i.e. not the first day I have the app) and after a positive interaction.
- Remember ratings from previous versions, so subsequent review prompts are always constructive and don’t feel redundant.