FREE DOWNLOAD - a list of ASO tools. Get the spreadsheet here.
The app: myVEGAS
The case study: The Effect of Ratings on Search Rankings
- POSTIVE imho: Ratings have an enormous effect on ASO.
- NEGATIVE imho: “Blackhat” or “Greyhat” App Store Optimization is happening, and it works.
App icon design. Yawn…. via http://joek.dunked.com
Porn + app icons = no more.
Google released an update to its developer policy for Google Play, which contains, among other changes, the following statement on app icons: "Apps that contain or promote pornography are prohibited; this includes sexually explicit or erotic content, icons, titles or descriptions."
The new developer content policy by Google: https://play.google.com/about/developer-content-policy.html
Source for the picture: sarahintampa covering the full story for techcrunch http://techcrunch.com/2014/03/29/google-cracks-down-on-deceptive-ads-and-other-shady-behaviors-found-in-android-apps/
Spring is coming and I am planning to attend conferences and events. The first one is “Game Monetisation Europe" in London (May 14-15th, Promo Code for £150 discount: SB100).
I will cover the latest in ASO, but there are some more great talks on the agenda.
I.e. Apple App Store former Marketing Manager, Michael Ehrenberg and Google Games Specialist Ross Brockman, will be delivering two exclusive workshops, exploring how you can maximize success on iOS and with Google tools:
- Hear how to get featured on iOS
- Gain insider insight into past iOS successes and how you can replicate them
- Learn crucial iOS and Google marketing techniques
Feel free to use the promo code SB100 to get £150 off.
NEW: Related search suggestions in the Apple App Store.
Last fall I spoke at the App Promotion Summit in Berlin about ‘Alternative App Stores’ and how app marketers can use these to find new sources of users. My talk covered:
- Stores Beyond Apple App Store And Google Play
- How To Handle Fragmentation In Distribution
- Advertising In App Stores
- Examples of Developers using Alternate Appstores and the Impact of such Campaigns
The question is "Alternative App Stores – Mobile Highways or Dead Ends?"
Would love to hear your answer to it. Email me firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to comment.
Proof, that Apple´s appstore review team is understaffed.
Apple´s Human Interface Guidelines for App Icons - LINK ;-)