The new design for app detail pages within the upcoming update for the Google Play store. Picture on top is the current view, below is the pre-release design.
More pictures and infos on the new Google Play store: Android Police
An excellent post by Henri Liriani on the topic every mobile developer has issues with: reviews & ratings.
- Surface review interactions to the dialog, don’t make me leave the app.
- Don’t require a password to leave a review, I own the app already don’t I?
- Remove message text in review prompts. They’re the same in every app.
- Merge the title + review fields.
- Lose the useless “Later” button and limit prompts to once per version.
- If possible, prompt for a review after a reasonable amount of time (i.e. not the first day I have the app) and after a positive interaction.
- Remember ratings from previous versions, so subsequent review prompts are always constructive and don’t feel redundant.
- What elements of your app store presence can be localised?
- What impact can you achieve with localisation?
- How to manage and deliver localisation effectively?
Meet 6 App Store marketing experts in one place.
The App Promotion Summit in London is taking place in less than a month featuring UA and ASO experts like Anne-Catherine Goulby (Swiftkey), Andy Carvell (SoundCloud), Tom Leclerc (Wooga), Simon Baptist (Adknowledge), Ross Sheil (Twitter) and Olivier Bernard (App Annie).
Other great speakers will talk about topics like App Advertising, Analytics, Engagement, App CRM and new app marketing tactics.
Full agenda: here.
Get your ticket and a nice discount by using the promo code 1APGO -> https://apppromotionsummit.com/LONDON/2014/register/