The official guide for producing app previews (trailers) for the Apple App Store.
Every developer is happy to receive a 5-star-rating and a review praising his app or game. In order to trigger the user to do so, some have developed tactics in order to accelerate the number and quality of ratings / reviews or rely on little tools for stimulating user behaviour in the appstore.
But be careful, Apple is really picky when it comes to asking your users for ★★★★★
A good advice might be to follow these guidelines, which are based on a recent conversation with a Senior Partnership Manager of Apple´s Developer Relations team:
- "Give us a rating" is OK
- "Give us a rating and you will receive extra points" is NOT OK
- "Give us a 5 star rating" is OK
- "Give us a 5-star rating and you will receive extra points" is NOT OK
- User receives an incentive to post about the app on Facebook or other social network: OK
- User is asked to rate or review an app with no incentives: OK
- User receives an incentive for rating or writing a review on the App Store: 3.10 rejection
Apple w/ a new site for iOS developers: Common app rejections -> https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review/rejections/
Paul Kemp (@pkmember) interviews Gary George about App Store SEO, web apps vs native apps, website design, keyword research and his client work.
Picture: courtesy of trendblog.net
Redesign Google Play app detail page. Via www.twitter.com/gastonirigoyen
App Previews / Trailer in iOS8: choose a still image from the video as a poster frame
Why soft-launching a mobile app?
- check that your data analytics stack is set and working properly!
- does your monetization and UA funnel work?
- use extra time to fix bugs!
- gather initial user feedback (reviews and ratings) for further improvement of your app!
Iterate, improve, promote - you know the drill…
My interview with AppInTop published by Pocketgamer.biz
The new design for app detail pages within the upcoming update for the Google Play store. Picture on top is the current view, below is the pre-release design.
More pictures and infos on the new Google Play store: Android Police