One of the best Appstore update texts, I’ve read recently. By https://www.hailoapp.com
via www.grouchoduke.com | https://twitter.com/grouchoduke/status/514536350565924864www.grouchoduke.com | https://twitter.com/grouchoduke/status/514536350565924864
Every developer is happy to receive a 5-star-rating and a review praising his app or game. In order to trigger the user to do so, some have developed tactics in order to accelerate the number and quality of ratings / reviews or rely on little tools for stimulating user behaviour in the appstore.
But be careful, Apple is really picky when it comes to asking your users for ★★★★★
A good advice might be to follow these guidelines, which are based on a recent conversation with a Senior Partnership Manager of Apple´s Developer Relations team:
- "Give us a rating" is OK
- "Give us a rating and you will receive extra points" is NOT OK
- "Give us a 5 star rating" is OK
- "Give us a 5-star rating and you will receive extra points" is NOT OK
- User receives an incentive to post about the app on Facebook or other social network: OK
- User is asked to rate or review an app with no incentives: OK
- User receives an incentive for rating or writing a review on the App Store: 3.10 rejection
Apple w/ a new site for iOS developers: Common app rejections -> https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review/rejections/
Paul Kemp (@pkmember) interviews Gary George about App Store SEO, web apps vs native apps, website design, keyword research and his client work.
Picture: courtesy of trendblog.net
Redesign Google Play app detail page. Via www.twitter.com/gastonirigoyen
App Previews / Trailer in iOS8: choose a still image from the video as a poster frame
Why soft-launching a mobile app?
- check that your data analytics stack is set and working properly!
- does your monetization and UA funnel work?
- use extra time to fix bugs!
- gather initial user feedback (reviews and ratings) for further improvement of your app!
Iterate, improve, promote - you know the drill…